Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #23 Finished At Last

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I still tell people about Flickr. I think the color wheel is so cool. I also really think that now that I have worked with PhotoStory, I will enjoy doing that. It was fun and easy. I also enjoyed making the Trading Card and the Mosaic. I am so much more of a "Let's be creative and do something fun" kind of girl than all of that RSS or Rollyo stuff. That just seemed like a lot of work and I'd need a really good reason to use those. (I know, I know, I am supposed to use them to make life easier in the classroom and the library. I'll try, but they are still not as much fun.)

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I don't think, scratch that... I know I wouldn't have done all of these things on my own. I felt like I was a huge grump before starting all of this, but once I started, I looked forward to it (except for a few things). I am very excited about going back to my campus and sharing what I have learned. That is the easy part, that is what I do best.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? My overall attitude, my sense of empowerment and confidence level. Even though I growled and roared a good bit, I found that it was mainly because each Thing was new to me and I was frustrated. But in the long run, my confidence in myself as a user of technology grew. That was a big plus and a surprise.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I got a little bogged down during the Podcasting Thing. There were so many different instructions, I wasn't exactly sure what I needed to do. That could be cleared up a bit. Other than that, if I could do this, anyone can.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? You bet. I wouldn't hold back this time.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? This computer chump feels like a champ!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Great tagline! But I have difficulty seeing you as a grump. Congrats on finishing!

VWB said...

Congratulations on your "champ"ionship summer adventure!
And I agree with TH's assessment...think you might need a new dictionary...your definition of grump is a bit off!

Amy Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy m said...

yeah! you finished!! :)