Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #13 Tagging and del.icio.us

I can clearly see where some people would use this quite a bit and how useful it would be. I can see a grade level team working on a unit of study searching for articles, activities, or sources and tagging them throughout a semester and then coming back to them to put the unit all together. The only thing is to get them all to use del.icio.us too. Isn't that the way it works?
I just need a different mind set, I guess, as to how to use this as a librarian. If I set this up at the beginning of the year and show them how it works, then I can be modeling it all year. I can have established categories for grade level units and tag things I find them throughout the year. The share capability lets the teams keep up with what I am doing and we can change course if needed. If it even works with two or three teams then they have found a useful technology tool. Can I put a link to del.icio.us on my library web page so they can find it there? Could parents get in on this too?
I am still not 100% sure of this, I need to play with it and get comfortable with it. But it is an idea. Lots to mull over.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I, too, think I need to move my current library page "Curriculum Links" into delicious. Then teach a few teachers how to add a site so they don't need to send em an email to add it to the page before they hit the lab. Have I done it- no. Time, time, time