Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Awards List

This is a very useful list to have. I enjoyed looking through many of the tools available, some school related, some not. I checked out Lulu, Biblio and VuFind and can see myself using or recommending any of these.
I did check out Comiqs but wonder about its appropriateness in a school setting. I think there are other tools better suited for that. I think Frappr, Google Maps and Google Earth are all wonderful.
I also checked out Upcoming to find events, fairs and festivals across Texas, and Last for listening to and downloading music.
Great list!

1 comment:

Meera said...

ToonDoo is another tool that you might find more suitable for use with children in a school setting. It's easy to use, has many inbuilt characters, backgrounds and props and is already being creatively used by educators from all over the world. Do check it out at www.toondoo.com