Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #12B Commenting Continued


The view from the top of Stone Mountain


My black bear friend in Dahlonega, Georgia


After growling all the way through yesterday's post, I thought I might try purring for a while today. Plus I am throwing in a few pictures from my trip to Georgia.
I checked out several travel related blogs and found that there are several varieties. Once I got to the ones I was really interested in, the ones where someone writes about what I have always called "Americana at its finest," I snuggled back into my couch and dreamed to my heart's content. I love all of the pictures that people post along with their stories. And it's not just the main cities and featured attractions that I am interested in. It is the county fair that names a dirt dabber queen or the description of the bed and breakfast with the mom and pop who go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Did I comment on those blogs? You betcha! I let them know what a great job they did of hitting their mark. That's the kind of travel experience I want to have and they brought it to life for me all these miles away. I'll get there one day soon and someone else can read my travel blog and look at my cool pictures of Little Miss Turnip Queen. I just hope I can do them justice and keep Americana at its finest for a while longer.

1 comment:

not in sync said...

This is my very first comment to a blog. I hope I have conquered the user name fiasco, I completely understand. This has reassured me.