Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #11 LibraryThing

I could have spent all day in Library Thing just looking through other people's lists. I had been reading so many kid books that right now I am on an adult book kick and so that is what I concentrated on for my list. I loved this Thing. The only down side, growl, is that I really wanted one of those cute shelves that some people have to display their books on, but I am satisfied that I got my books listed in my blog.
I can see many uses for this Thing when I add this to our school website. I can put current new books that I have added to the library, books teachers are reading to their classes, books that I recommend for students to check out if they liked a certain book and want to read more by the same author or in the same genre. The list goes on and on. And it is all by tags. That is great.
I did check out several groups. I will go back and visit again when I have more time in a few days. I still feel like I am floating in a no gravity area and can't find a place to grab on. Maybe when I get home from Georgia on Thursday afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about LibraryThing...thanks!!

Grendel said...

I just want you to know that I am going to steal your ideas!

Jane said...

Thing #11 rocks! Now we both know, Katy.

Steal away, grendel. Glad I can help!

Ms. B