Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing #6A Playing around


I couldn't resist. While exploring Thing 6, I had to stop and make a Mosaic of the most beautiful sight and my favorite place in the whole world - the area around the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. This area near the Opera House (minus the buildings, of course) is actually the oldest inhabited part of Sydney called The Rocks because the first people there (the convicts from the 1770s) had to dig into the rock to build taverns and barracks and such. Visit Sydney if you ever get the chance. It is something you will never forget. End of tour. I'll get back to business now.

3 comments:

Mimi's Moments said...

Beautiful mosiac. I have always wanted to visit Sydney and now I really want to go. Good job!

Grendel said...

I was on a year-long librarian exchange to Australia and spent a week in Sydney. I explored The Rocks the day a film was being shot there. Ruth Park's Playing Beattie Bow was set there, too, and I tried to imagine those characters clambering around that rough-hewn area. I stopped in to see the Sydney Opera house and even got to see their library. Who'd a thunk it? Thanks for the memories!

LKP said...

GREAT mosaic! I love the pictures --- it made me long for travel (which I really can't afford), but it was a great moment!