Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing #8 RSS

This is a whole new ball of wax for me. I am just now starting to spend any time reading blogs so managing them has never been a concern. However, this is great because now they come to me. It is just taking the time to read email everyday, I can read the newest entry on my list of blogs and learn what others are doing, get some great ideas, educate myself in just a short amount of time. I gave myself several library blogs to read, several technology blogs (ones I could actually understand) and one for fun that is written by an ex-student's mom. I think that is all I can handle right now. My biggest problem was deciding which email account to set it up for. If it was my school account, I don't know that I would ever get any work done besides reading other people's blogs... not good. So I decided to use my home account and let this be something I do in my pjs.
I can see many uses for this feature at school in that I can forward specific blog entries or an entire list of great blogs from any number of different categories on to the teachers in my school or post them on my library web page for parents and students to take advantage of. Our school slogan this past year was Knowledge: Get it! Got it! Give it! This definitely fulfills several of those statements. I like to share new or useful information and ideas with others so I know that I will find many times to use this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blog, Ms. B., and welcome to the 'sphere. Just be careful...it'll suck you in before you know it, and then you'll be glued to the computer instead of a good book!!