Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing # 3 Creating a Blog

Wow! What an experience that was! How long can it take a person to come up with a name for a blog and for herself? I had all these great, clever ideas like Techish Delight (a play on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) or something equally as witty with my last name, but after hours of thinking, my brain hurt and I caved in and went for the simple solution. Once I got started, it was a relatively painless process until I hit the part where I had to create my avatar. Once again, I stressed over what to wear and which glasses and jewelry looked best when I was visiting the Sydney Opera House.
I really didn't find it difficult to import the avatar into my blog. I made myself a breadcrumb trail using the directions and they got me there with no worries. I did get a bit confused when it came time to change the settings. I had no idea what some of those were. Good thing there was a PowerPoint to help with that (thanks Vaughn). I know there are more changes I want to make, but they can wait until I have time to play around a bit and get used to this.
I have made a comment or two. I need to dedicate some time to reading others' blogs as I am working on a Thing to see what I will be up against before I get started. Then I can go back and comment on it after I have finished that Thing. Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: