Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Okay, it wasn't so cool after all

Sometimes I just don't know when to quit. I was trying to change one color and changed about five. Then I couldn't read an entire entry for Thing 7 or was it 9? I don't remember because I couldn't read it! Then I couldn't remember what the original colors were to change them back. All I wanted to do was change the color of the words "A little roar, a little growl, a lot of purr" so that you could see the bloomin' thing over the title. Argh! Or should I say, "Roaarr!"
I stepped back (for a really long time) to think about it (before I messed it up further). I decided to just change the color scheme to match the title a bit more and put in colors I like. I'm not such a green person anyway. I can still play with it as I feel like it.
Now for the "Purr." I learned what all those different things are for when you go to change the colors around on the background. I tried several variations and found one that suited me for the moment. The big thing is that I am not frustrated any more and know that I can do it and not have to hurt my computer if I mess up.
Now if I can just learn how to move the words DOWN on my title I will be one happy Bearkat. Suggestions?

3 comments:

Latebloomer said...

I loved your quote "I don't know when to quit." I am having the same problem. I think that OCD is a part of all librarians. My husband says I am spending "way to much time" on my posts, but what can I say. We librarian types tend to be such perfectionists! It is a good thing after all.

VWB said...

i haven't messed with a banner in awhile, but can you mess wth the spacing...maybe hitting the spacebar a few times might move it around ...don't think the enter key will help ...may be a spacebar thing to get it to move...I think you did great with the colors...I too have tried on occasion to change things nt realizing that other things get changed at the same time!

Terry said...

But isn't it great that we can get frustrated, take a timeout, and come back and figure it out - in some fashion!